Although you might not be familiar with the name Methylsulfonylmethane, you might’ve heard of it by its more common acronym MSM if you’ve ever looked at joint-health supplements. MSM is a source of biologically active sulfur oxidized from dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). Sulfur is one of the key minerals in the human body and is crucial for the normal activity of various bodily functions, but its presence decreases as we age. There are natural food sources of sulfur, but the potency diminishes during the heating process of cooking and/or processing, so supplementing is a viable way to ensure you get the health benefits of MSM.
Health benefits of MSM (methylsulfonylmethane):
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Natural joint-pain control
- Enhanced immune system function
- Fortified digestive process
- Reduced hemorrhoidal issues
- Strengthened hair and nails
- Enhanced skin health and complexion
- Natural cellular detoxification
- Quicker recovery due to elimination of lactic acid
- Increased nutrient absorption
- Improved flexibility and connective tissue/joint health
- Increased energy
MSM is particularly helpful for those who experience increased joint pain, decreased flexibility, brittle hair, course skin, etc. due to aging. It’s also great for athletes, active people, or anyone who simply wants to enjoy enhanced well-being thanks to good joint health, improved mobility, and more vibrant-looking skin, hair, and nails.
Methylsulfonylmethane is beneficial and effective as a standalone supplement, as with SAN’s MSM, but it also works synergistically with glucosamine and chondroitin to provide a well-rounded joint-health formula.