I LOVE training legs! In fact, I like training legs so much I do it twice a week, splitting my workouts into a heavy compound day and an accessory day with higher repetitions.
While full leg development is obviously crucial, my primary focus is always on my hamstrings and glutes; after all, Bikini-Fitness is judged from the back.
Below is what I do for my current Day-2 leg workout:
- • Warm up sets don’t count.
- • Lift heavy, but use strict form.
- • Pause for 1 count at peak contraction.
- • Reduce rep speed on the negative/eccentric stroke to 2-3 seconds.
- • Always make sure the last 2 reps of every set are challenging. If not, go heavier!
- • Keep rest periods from 30-60 seconds at most between sets.
- • Don’t exceed 10-20 seconds rest between exercises during supersets.
- • Deep dynamic stretches are very important prior to training, especially for hamstrings, glutes, and hip flexors.
- • Use a static hold at the end of a set.
- • Do not neglect your stretches.
**Always push through your heels while doing any leg/glute movements. Wear a weightlifting belt as much as you can to avoid engaging core muscles, especially on leg day. This will keep your waist and spinal erectors from getting blocky.
|1 Scoop Blaze Unleashed||1 Scoop IntraFuel||1 Scoop Pure Titanium Whey|
|1 Scoop BCAA Pro Reloaded||1 Scoop Launch 4350 Reloaded||1 Scoop Performance Glutamine|
|1 Scoop Performance Glutamine||1 Scoop Element|
Warm up for 10 minutes on the stairs.
|Dumbbell stiff-legged deadlifts w/toes on plates: 4 x 12||Hamtractor: 4 x 15 (strict negatives)|
|Hip bridges: 4 x 12 (1-second hard squeeze at top)||Reverse hamstring curl: 4 x 15 (slow negatives)|
|REVERSE hyperextensions: 4 x 12||Forward squat hops: 4 x 20|
• Lateral bounds 4 x 1 min
• Seated calf raises 4 x 20
• Standing calf raises 4 x 15, pulse to failure on final set
Reverse Hamstring Curl
Stiff-Legged Deadlift w/ Toes on Plates