What is methylsulfonylmethane?
Methylsulfonylmethane, usually referred to simply as MSM, is a source of biologically active sulfur oxidized from dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO). As one of the key minerals in the human body, sulfur is crucial for normal functioning of various functions, but its presence diminishes as people age. While there are natural food sources of sulfur, it’s lost during the heating process of cooking and/or processing, so supplementing with methylsulfonylmethane is a viable way to ensure healthful amounts of sulfur in the diet.
Health benefits of methylsulfonylmethane:
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Natural joint-pain control
- Enhanced immune system function
- Fortified digestive process
- Reduced hemorrhoidal issues
- Strengthened hair and nails
- Enhanced skin health and complexion
- Natural cellular detoxification
- Quicker recovery due to elimination of lactic acid
- Increased nutrient absorption
- Improved flexibility and connective tissue/joint health
- Increased energy
Who should use it?
Methylsulfonylmethane is particularly good for those who notice increased joint pain, decreased flexibility, brittle hair, course skin, etc. due to aging. It’s also great for athletes, active people, or anyone who is simply looking to improve their health and enjoy enhanced well-being thanks to good joint health, improved mobility, and more vibrant looking skin, hair, and nails.
When and how should it be used?
When taken alone, a total of 2,000 mg of methylsulfonylmethane per day split into two separate doses with meals is ideal for most individuals. Alternatively, it also works synergistically with glucosamine HCl and chondroitin sulfate when combined in a joint-health formula.
Note: For information purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.