What is Ursolic Acid?
Ursolic acid is a pentacyclic triterpene derived from plants, most notably from the skin of certain fruit such as apples, but it’s also found in certain herbs, spices, and deciduous trees such as Paulownia tomentosa.
Evidence shows that ursolic acid has numerous health benefits, particularly for those involved in fitness or who exercise with the intent of losing fat, gaining muscle, or both. Some of the reported benefits include the following:
- Reduced muscle wasting (anti-catabolic)
- Increased lean muscle mass
- Prevention of fat accumulation
- Healthy control of blood sugar (IGF-1 regulation), cholesterol, and triglyceride levels
- Increased strength associated with exercise
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Decreased ghrelin production (reduced appetite)
- Estrogen-blocking effects (effectively increasing free testosterone)
Who should use it?
Ursolic acid is a great option for those looking to reshape their physique. With its ability to decrease body fat, prevent muscle loss, block estrogen, control blood glucose, and improve lean muscle gains, it’s ideal for individuals who want a leaner body with more muscle tone. Whether you’re looking for a great beach body, a competition-level physique, or anything in between, this is a potentially highly beneficial supplement to incorporate into your nutritional plan.
When and how should it be used?
Ursolic acid doesn’t need to be cycled, but it does work best when combined with a good exercise program and solid nutritional plan/diet. It’s best taken with food, and dosages of 250-500 mg per day seem to be most effective.
Note: For information purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.