Farmers’ markets are more popular than ever. Why? Because people are more educated on what’s going on in America with corporate farming and foods. You’ve been lied to for decades on what’s really in your vegetables, meats, and processed foods. One way to avoid the corporate manufacturers is to buy directly from your local farmers, ranchers, and manufacturers with whom you’ve built trust based on their reputations and knowing they won’t lie about what’s going into their products.
Some of the best reasons to shop at farmers’ markets:
- The biggest selection of organic foods and all produce is picked at its apex to give you the most flavor and nutritional value.
- You can speak directly with the people responsible for growing your food and ask them questions on ways to prepare the foods and ask for recipes.
- Try new things that aren’t normally found at your grocery store. You’ll have a wide variety of foods to experiment with and get great prepping ideas.
- Support your local community. The more people who shop at farmers’ markets, the more prices are likely to go down. Plus, you’ll be supporting your local industries, which means more local jobs and a trickle-down economic effect for the area where you live.
- You’ll be helping to protect the environment. Shopping locally will eliminate excess shipping miles and reduce fossil fuel energy use, pollution, and greenhouse gas emissions related to food transportation.
- You’ll actually save money by buying only what you really need.
- It can help you lose weight! Farmers’ markets will encourage you to eat healthy foods, eat what you buy, and you stay away from processed foods which is one of the biggest killers in America.
- You can help build a better sense of community by getting to know everyone and enjoy the day with them. It’s easy to get the latest trends in foods and health and to surround yourself with like-minded, knowledgeable people.
Health is incredibly important. Always do your research to learn about what you put in your body. Being fit and healthy feels great and keeps the doctors away, and it’s never too late to start a healthy lifestyle.
Note: For information purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.